Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25, January 25: Boring food post

Well, I am posting this because I am committed to posting every day. However, I don't have much that's interesting to say. I took a rest day today simply because I had tons of work to do. I'll be back at ACF tomorrow.

What I ate:

  • 7:30 AM: 2 hardboil eggs and 1 slice of multigrain bread with raw almond butter. Since I don't eat much bread, I have to say, this tastes almost like cake. Yum.
  • 12:00 PM: I was moving a friend into her assisted living today, and they insisted I eat lunch in the dining room with all the seniors. Who were hilarious. Lunch wasn't fantastic: 2 slices of bread with some lettuce, tomato, and a single slice of american cheese. Really. Who makes a sandwich with only a single slice of cheese? It came with a side of boiled, flavorless cabbage. If this is how the seniors there eat every day, I feel really sorry for them.
  • 2:30 PM: one of my amazingly wonderful paleo granola bars
  • 4 PM: small apple and a piece of mozzarella string cheese 
  • 8 PM: 1/2 c brown rice, 1/2 c cooked lentils, and 1 c cooked collards (with onions and garlic). 
Made some almond milk for tomorrow. Also did the final rinse on some lentil sprouts, and some broccoli sprouts. Sprouting is so fun and easy and tasty. I can't believe I never sprouted before in my life...one more thing I can be grateful to Crossfit for--giving me the push to grow my own so I can add superfresh sprouts into my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment