Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 24, January 24: Real-life application of Crossfit skillz

Hey y'all, hoping to make this a brief post because I got to get to bed!

I spent a lot of my day today helping a friend move from her senior-living apartment into an assisted living. Just the kind of job that, years ago, would have worn me out. Today, it didn't seem like much. Throwing around some boxes, lifting a TV in and out of the car, no biggie compared to the heavy loads I lift regularly at Albany Crossfit.

This morning I woke up so sore from "Karen" yesterday, my back stiff and my psoas spasming. I decided I'd be better off in the long run if I spent time today stretching and foam rolling, rather than WODing.

So, what I exercised:

  • 10 minutes of foam rolling
  • 1000 meter row (slow and deliberate)
  • 20 minutes of pull-up volume training. Since I did so poorly with the blue band last time, this time I used the blue and the purple band, and hit one rep per minute for twenty minutes. Felt good.
  • in between pull-up reps, did lots more stretching and myofascial release with the lacrosse ball.
What I ate:

  • 9 AM: 1 cup breakfast quinoa (flaxseeds, flax oil, raisins, 6 oz cashew milk)
  • 11 AM: protein shake (spinach, blueberries, banana, protein powder, 1/4 c coconut milk, 8 oz cashew milk)
  • 1 PM: out to lunch with the church ladies to the Normanside country club, ate a spinach, artichoke, cheese quesadilla with some guacamole and salsa. And a few potato chips off the plate of the church lady sitting next to me :)
  • 6 PM: Fantastic salad: lots of spinach and lettuce, 1/2 avocado, 2 large carrots cut up, 1/2 cup lentil sprouts, 2 hardboil eggs, and dressing (1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and a dozen capers)

No comments:

Post a Comment