Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13, January 13: Friday the 13th


Aren't we cute? This is a picture of Bill and me on our honeymoon in Costa Rica. 10 years ago!

Last night, Bill and I had a lovely dinner at Cella Bistro in Schenectady, to celebrate our anniversary. I had never been to Cella Bistro before, but they had some interesting stuff on the menu, and quite a few veg options. Suffice it to say I ate too much. Some crazy potato-feta egg rolls, stuffed poblano peppers (lots of beans and rice and something that approximated the kind of cheese sauce you put on mac-and-cheese), and of course, several slices of bread with olive oil. As I anticipated, this meal fell into cheat meal territory, not because of any particular item I consumed, but simply because of the quantity of food that entered my belly. Oh, and the glass of wine and the shot of Godiva liqueur didn't help.

Ordinarily, I don't think I would have felt too many ill effects from a night like that. But now that I am focusing on eating healthily, a night like this threw me off my game. Woke up this morning, Friday the 13th, feeling bleh. Didn't stop me from getting dressed and heading out to Albany Crossfit for the 7 AM class. But I continued to feel bleh--just tired, nauseous, crabby, unmotivated. Nevertheless, I stuck it out.

What I exercised:

  • I. Tall cleans: 5x5
    55, 55, 60, 65, 70
    (kind of lame, I could have gone heavier, but I was feeling so yucky)
  • II. a WOD I've nicknamed "Horrible"
    3 rounds:
    50 front squats at 45# (scaled to 30 front squats at 35#)
    20 pull-ups (scaled to ring-rows)
    20 ring dips (scaled to ring push-ups)
    18:55
What I ate:
  • 6 AM: small Cashew Cookie, 1/2 c applesauce and 2 tsp almond butter
  • 8 AM: post-WOD smoothie (6 oz almond milk, frozen banana, frozen blueberries, 1/2 avocado, big handful of spinach, 1/4 c protein powder)
  • 10:30 AM: 1/2 c cooked kale, 1/4 c buckwheat, 1/2 c tofu salad, 1/2 avocado
  • 12:30 PM: small bowl of white bean soup and a slice of terrific bread (prepared by a friend)
  • 5:30 PM: 1/2 c tofu salad
  • 7 PM:  1/2 c cooked kale, 1/4 c buckwheat, 1/2 c tofu salad, 1/2 avocado
  • 9 PM: handful of nuts and raisins
I am noticing that the last couple of days, though I've been eating cooked greens, I've been missing my daily big salad...need to work that back into the food schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment