Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 32, February 1: Man, I am a Mess.

Sore everywhere, tired, and overworked. This injury--yes, I am calling this now-going-on-three-weeks hip stiffness and soreness, coupled with or perhaps caused by some damage to my psoas muscle an injury--has really got me down.

I have been eating out way too often. I am not eating enough greens, or a great enough variety of protein. I know I want to dial my nutrition back in, but it is so difficult when I am eating out in restaurants so often (usually because of work.)

One day at a time, Abigail, that's what I keep saying to myself. Do the best you can. In a couple weeks, things will calm down with work and I'll be able to eat better and have more balance in my schedule.

This post is covering two days, since I didn't have any time yesterday to blog. At all.

Wednesday Feb. 1

What I exercised:

  • 7 AM WOD 
  • I. Russian gymnastics warmup. Ugh. Could do the ring pushups, and did a few handstands, but this was difficult because of weakness in my core. Did a tripod and that really hurt my psoas. 
  • II.  OHS. I couldn't really get anywhere near my 1 rep max (somewhere around 100#). But did a bunch of reps in the 45-65# range. last set was 3x65. Felt easy, but I didn't trust my core stabilization to do any more.
  • III. 5 Rounds:
    15 front squats (I subbed 15 power cleans at 55#)
    15 burpees (I subbed 10 knee pushups)
    12 minute time cap
    finished 4 + 15 + 3 when the time ran out.
    Focused all my attention on 1. reloading my hamstrings prior to each power clean and 2. keeping a strong core doing the pushups. Which was really difficult, given how I was feeling. Nevertheless, I managed to power through the push-ups, which I think speaks to my increasing upper-body strength.
What I ate:
  • 5:30 AM: breakfast quinoa (with flax, raisins, and almond milk)
  • 8:15 AM: post-WOD protein shake
  • 10 AM: 2 eggs and a paleo granola bar
  • 12 PM: while on a road trip to Vermont with some ladies from my church, we stopped at this crazy "Big Moose" store and ordered sandwiches. I asked, did they make salads, and they said no. So I ordered this greek wrap which was mostly salad with a bit of feta, and the whole thing was soaked in chipotle mayo. It tasted pretty good, not sure how much nutritional value it had :)
  • 4 PM: another paleo granola bar
  • 6:30 PM: meeting of Bethlehem Business Women; had a big salad, a few bites of cheese, about 2 cups of cooked cauliflower and green beans and about a 1/2 cup of tortellini with tomato sauce.

Tuesday January 31

Not really a rest day, because I worked a fifteen hour day. But I didn't get to the gym.

What I ate:
  • 8:30 AM: 2 eggs and a slice of multgrain bread with almond butter
  • 12 PM: Quinoa with flax and almond milk
  • 2 PM: Larabar
  • 5 PM: Greek salad at Panera
  • 10 PM: Larabar
  • 10:30 PM: 1/2 c greek yogurt and 1/4 c paleo granola
Could have been worse for a horribly busy day, I suppose. Too much sugar in those Larabars, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment